Rust Preventive Oils (Dewatering Fluids) Rust Oil (D.W. - 36) : Water-Displacing Solvent-Based Rust Preventative & Forming Oil
Description : D.W. - 36 is a general purpose dewatering fluid its unique characteristics also make it suitable for many specialized applications (such as a "semi-vanishing" type forming lubricant,) the good coverage of this product renders it ideal for most routine dewatering operations. Upon evaporation of the solvent, this product leaves an ultra-thin, non-skid film that provides excellent protective properties for medium to long term storage.
- Protection on cold rolled steel shipments.
- De-watering and rust proofing wet metal parts.
- Forming, piercing, punching thin metal parts.
- Excellent dewatering properties
- Can be used on most painted, as well as unpainted surfaces, wet or dry
- Extremely thin, dry film prevents water stains and white rust
- Easy cleaning, extends tank life
- Provides corrosion protection and lubricity needed for light forming operations
- Ultra-thin; non-skid film promotes worker safety
- Unit Test Method Value
- Appearance - Amber liquid
- Specific Gravity @ 60°F- 0.94 - 0.96
- Film Type - Greasy
- Dewatering- Yes
User Advice :
- Improperly cleaned (dirty parts) that consist of heavy oil or organic residues may result in spotting on finished products
Recommended Applications & Dilutions :
- For best results, D.W. - 36 should be applied by dipping, especially if water displacement is needed. Spraying or flow coating is also acceptable if properly functioning.